Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mod Podge

So I use Mod Podge for a lot of things. Most often to color my glass containers and make them prettier. However, I used it for something else today.

I have an amazing friend who does letter press. You can find his store at http://eightelevenpress.etsy.com and see the wonderful cards and tags he makes.

He made me a mail key tag since I was always losing the key in the junk drawer. Since letterpress is of course paper based I worried my tag would bend and get beaten up. We talked about the best way to "toughen" up my tag and, since mine was the experimental one, I said I would look into ways to make it more durable.

Of course it didn't take long in my search to come up with something I already had, Mod Podge. With a couple light coats of the gloss and a few sprays of the acrylic I had a durable, waterproof tag for my mail key.

Now when you buy a key tag from him it will be ready for whatever you out it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment